Restore older metals to a showroom shine!
Oxidation is one of the telling signs of age on your vehicle. On some metals, it appears as rust. On aluminum, oxidation is a cloudy film. The Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Intermediate Oxidation Kit
eliminates both forms of oxidation and restores a showroom perfect shine to all bare, uncoated metals.
Germany is the source of some of the best abrasive products in the world, primarily because the country is the hub of Europe’s mineral processing industry. German car polishes and metal polishes are highly regarded and very effective because the industry is closely regulated by the German Abrasives Association. For Wolfgang MetallWerk™ polishes, Wolfgang used only German-milled abrasives for the optimum uniformity and consistency in each batch of polish.
Wolfgang has assembled their metal polishes with the appropriate wool polishing pads and accessories to give you optimum results on all bare metal surfaces.
The Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Intermediate Oxidation Kit
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
4 Ply 100% Twisted Wool Compounding Pad 8.5 inches
50/50 Wool Acrylic Polishing Pad 8.5 inches
Electrified White Sheepskin Final Polishing Pad 8.5 inches
Cobra Quik Clenz Foam & Wool Pad Cleaner
Duo Spur Pad Cleaning Tool
3 Cobra Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels
3 Wolfgang Finger Pockets
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound is a strong aluminum prepolish that powers through oxidation and discoloration on aluminum to create a smooth, uniform finish. This is step one of a three part restoration process that results in a high impact, incredibly reflective shine on aluminum trailers, wheels, trim, boats, aircraft, and more.Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is an incredible metal cleaner and gloss-enhancing polish to remove light imperfections on uncoated aluminum and other polishable metals. Ultra fine abrasives restore a brilliant, like-new shine on bare metals, chrome, and stainless steel. For automotive metals, Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish is the best all around metal polish to restore a bright, metallic gloss.Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish
Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish achieves the maximum level of shine possible on aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, and bare metals. As the last step of the Wolfgang metal polishing system, Concours Aluminum Polish creates a brilliant, mirror finish that is sure to draw attention.Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant
Once you’ve achieved a mirror-like gloss, seal and protect polished metal surfaces with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant. This acrylic metal sealant eliminates polish residue for a cleaner, clearer shine that lasts. This sealant forms a top coat over all types of metal that blocks out moisture and air so it cannot change the surface of the metal. Metal surfaces remain clean, polished, and mirror-bright for months.4 Ply 100% Twisted Wool Compounding Pad 8.5 inches
Each strand of high grade wool is tightly twisted to maintain a consistent level of cut for longer periods of operation. The thick yarns remove heavy oxidation and stains from neglected or never-before-polished metal surfaces. The pad a 1 inch long threads. This pad was developed for aluminum but it is effective on all bare metals. Use the twisted wool pad with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound. Available in 8.5 inches.50/50 Wool Acrylic Polishing Pad 8.5 inches
This wool pad has 50% 4 ply wool and 50% single strand wool/acrylic blend. This combination makes a light compounding/polishing wool that removes minor oxidation, haze, dullness, and spots. The 50/50 pad has 1 ½ inch twisted threads, which are less aggressive than the shorter twisted threads found on the compounding pad. Use this pad with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish. Available in 8.5 inches.Electrified White Sheepskin Final Polishing Pad 8.5 inches
The Electrified Sheepskin Final Polishing Pad is made by electrifying the wool to remove microscopic barbs naturally found in wool. The resulting wool is soft enough for final polishing with a shine enhancing polish. This wool pad has 1 inch threads which are not twisted, resulting in a less aggressive type of wool. Use this pad with Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Concours Polish. Available in 8.5 inches.Cobra Quik Clenz Foam & Wool Pad Cleaner
Cobra Quik Clenz Foam & Wool Pad Cleaner is a concentrated degreaser and cleaner specially formulated for foam and wool buffing pads. Dissolve a packet in 2-3 gallons of water to create a powerful degreaser. Cobra Quik Clenz powers through caked-on polishes and waxes to leave pads feeling and performing like new.Duo Spur Pad Cleaning Tool
The Duo-Spur has three side-by-side wheels with raised teeth. As the pad spins on the buffer, roll the Duo-Spur over the pad. It will soften and reshape the pad while pushing excess product out. The agitation of the Duo-Spur and the buffer make cleaning fast and effortless. If your pad becomes caked while you are polishing, use the Duo-Spur to quickly remove some of the excess product and then continue polishing.3 Cobra Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels
With a 70/30 blend of polyester and polyamide, the Cobra Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels are designed to perform all your cleaning, polishing and buffing jobs. These towels have a double-sided structure: one side has tight loops for cleaning and polishing, the other side is feathery soft for buffing. Use these towels to remove polish residue and buff metal to a bright shine.
The pads in this kit should be used with a 7 inch rotary backing plate on your rotary (circular) polisher.
As you work with the Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Intermediate Oxidation Kit, keep in mind that polishing metal is just like polishing paint. Start with the most aggressive product and work backwards to refine the surface to a smooth shine. The Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Intermediate Oxidation Kit contains everything you need to restore moderately oxidized bare metals to like-new condition.Application by Machine:
Purchased separately, these items total $211.05. Save $31.10!
- Put a 4 Ply Twisted Wool Compounding Pad onto your polisher. Wool is the best choice for diamond plate because of the uneven surface.
- Wipe a thin layer of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Aluminum Compound onto the desired surface.
- Polish between 1200- 1500 RPM. Polish until the aluminum appears clean and glossy.
- Wipe the surface clean. If the surface is clean and smooth with a satin gloss, continue to Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish. If you can see stains or oxidation, repeat this process until a uniform shine is achieved. Have plenty of old towels on hand for removing polish residue.
- Put a 50/50 Wool Acrylic Polishing Pad onto your polisher. Wool is the best choice for diamond plate because of the uneven surface.
- Wipe a thin layer of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Fine Aluminum Polish onto the desired surface using an applicator pad.
- Polish between 1200-1500 RPM. Polish until the aluminum appears clean and glossy. * On aluminum, brass and copper, a black residue will appear as you polish. * On chrome and stainless steel, no residue will appear. Polish until stains disappear.
- Wipe the surface clean with a microfiber towel.
- Put an Electrified White Sheepskin Pad onto your polisher. This pad is 8.5 inches and requires a 7 inch backing plate.
- Wipe a thin layer of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Aluminum Polish onto the desired surface using an applicator pad.
- Polish at 1000 RPM. Polish until the aluminum has a mirror-bright gloss.
- Wipe the surface clean. Use a Cobra Microfiber Towel or Bonnet to go over the entire surface for a gentle final buffing. This will remove any remaining residue and further enhance the gloss.
- To protect the metal, apply a thin coat of Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant. Allow it to dry and buff off with a soft, clean Cobra Microfiber Towel.