| || |
|Do It Yourself Glass Polishing Kit|
Remove scratches from automotive glass using your own electric drill!
Its amazing that automotive glass holds up as well as it does! Dirt, stones, sand, and bugs all hit the glass with a lot of force, in addition to water spots and dust. Gradually, the glass becomes cloudy and scratched. The Do It Yourself Glass Polishing Kit by Lake Country works with your electric drill (not included) to gently polish the glass and restore perfect clarity.
This is a two-step kit targeted at first blending away imperfections and then sealing the glass to promote water-beading and block out contaminants. The Do It Yourself Glass Polishing Kit enables you to safely polish the glass at home, without hiring a professional. The special applicators and user-friendly formulas are designed to give anyone great results.
The Do It Yourself Glass Polishing Kit includes:
3 7/8” drill plate
2 oz. Glass Polish
3.5 oz. Rain-X
1 polish pad
1 gel applicator
15 x 16 inch microfiber towel
2 oz. Glass Polish
Fine abrasives in a lubricating lotion allow the Glass Polish to smooth out bumpy, scratched, hazy glass using one of the included leveling discs. The polish works like a polish for car paint, but it’s specially milled abrasives are safe and suitable for glass.
3.5 oz. Rain-X
Rain-X seals the polished glass to protect it from future contamination and light abrasion. Rain-X restores the treated glass’ “slip” so water beads and runs off easily, and the driver’s vision is not impaired in the rain.
3 7/8 inch drill plate
This drill plate inserts into your drill like any standard drill bit. Hooks and loops on the underside stick to the included pads. The drill plate is made of sturdy plastic with hook and loop securely bonded to the plastic.
Yellow Polish Pad
This firm, yellow foam polishes out minor imperfections in the glass without marring or distorting it. The exceptionally dense foam keeps the polish on the work surface to allow the abrasives to perform.
The Gel Applicator is the included 4 inch gray pad with dual white hook and loop sides. This applicator pad sticks to your backing plate and spreads a thin, even coat of Glass Sealant using your drill.
15 x 16 inch Microfiber Cloth
This soft, 70/30 microfiber cloth will wipe away Glass Polish and Sealant and buff the glass to crystal clarity. The plush, looped threads will lift and remove any haze or streaks, and it is completely nonabrasive on glass. Wash with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator after each use.
The Do It Yourself Glass System Kit eliminates minor etchings, fine scratches, wiper streaks, and water spots, and then seals the glass to keep it clean. Apply the kit with your own electric drill to see an instant improvement in the clarity and cleanliness of your vehicle’s glass.
Note: This kit cannot remove chips or nicks in the glass.
- Clean the glass with a good glass cleaner, like Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner.
- Mount the drill plate to your electric drill. Apply a dime sized amount of polish to working area. Spread the polish over an area of about 6 x 8 inches with the drill turned off to prevent splatter.
- Operate the drill at between 800-1000 RPM. Use caution around chips and cracks. Lake Country recommends staying at least 3 inches away from chips and cracks in all directions. Use no additional pressure on the drill.
- After polishing for about 2 minutes, wipe the area with a damp cloth.
- After polishing, apply a dime sized amount of Rain-X to applicator and work down and across until about a 2 x 2 ft. area has been sealed. Wipe surface with the included microfiber cloth. If haze occurs, dampen the towel and then buff dry.
Call Toll-Free 1-800-215-4460 to speak to a Customer Service Representative or email us