The curved profile is ideal for buffing in tight spaces.
A lot of detailers today have two polishers; one dual action and one circular. Many have invested in pads for each polisher that can’t be interchanged. There’s no need! Try 7.5 inch pads. Not too big or too small, you’ll find these 7.5 inch Smart Pads™
just right. They can be used on a dual action polisher without becoming unbalanced and they can be used on a circular polisher without concentrating too much pressure on one spot. They are ideal for people with two different polishers but only one pad budget.Smart Pads™ are manufactured by Lake Country Manufacturing, the maker of premium polisher pads and accessories.
Designed specifically for dual action polishers, these pads are made of dense, closed cell foam that will not deteriorate as you polish. They are superior for even coverage, defect removal, and shine enhancement.
A problem with lesser quality pads is that the heat generated by the polisher causes the hook & loop backing on the pad to come off and your pad goes flying. This will not happen with Smart Pads™
. These pads are created with an advanced bonding system that permanently secures the Velcro® brand hook & loop fasteners to the pad. The Velcro® brand hook & loop material enables you to quickly change pads by simply pulling one pad off the backing plate and pressing another on.
Smart Pads™ feature CCS Technology. CCS stands for Closed Cell Structures, which are small pockets of closed cell foam strategically located all over the pad’s work surface. These pockets reduce the amount of polish or wax absorbed by the foam to reduce product waste, and they break the surface tension between the pad and the vehicle to allow easier operation.
Our pads come in many varieties to address any surface problem:Yellow 7.5 inch Cutting Foam Pads
- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should not be used on new or like-new paint finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange pad and a fine polish and then a white pad to refine the paint until it is smooth.Orange 7.5 inch Light Cutting Foam Pad
- Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.Pink 7.5 inch Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad
- This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad.White 7.5 inch Polishing Foam Pad
- Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.Gray 7.5 inch Finishing Foam Pad
- Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.Blue 7.5 inch Finessing Foam Pad
– Flat pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user. Use the blue pad to remove products or for final buffing.Red 7.5 inch UltraSoft Wax/Sealant Foam Pad
– This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
For optimum results, it’s best to own each type of pad. Compounding with a yellow or orange pad may slightly rough up the paint. You will need the white pad to refine the paint to its original shine and texture. The gray pad will then give you a uniform wax application. For best results, use a 6 inch backing plate with your 7.5 inch pads.
To clean pads by hand use DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
. Mix one scoopful of this citrus cleaner with 3-4 gallons of water. Allow the pads to soak for up to 15 minutes. Agitate them using a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
. When the pads appear clean, rinse them in clean water and allow them to air dry.
Manufactured by Lake Country