Small pads make a Big difference!
The motion of a dual action polisher is complex: the pad orbits and rotates at the same time. To get the full range of motion, it’s important to use pads no larger than 6.5 inches in diameter but you can definitely go smaller.
The CCS Dual Action 5.5 inch Smart Pads
are compact, slim profile pads that allow a dual action polisher the full range of motion. The 5.5 inch pads provide less of a buffer between the polisher and the paint, so it’s possible to remove more defects than with larger pads. Yet the 5.5 inch pads are still safe and easy to use with a dual action polisher.Smart Pads™ 5.5 inch Professional Foam Pads are manufactured by Lake Country Manufacturing, the maker of premium polisher pads and accessories.
Designed specifically for dual action polishers, these pads are made of dense, closed cell foam that will not deteriorate as you polish.
A problem with lesser quality pads is that the heat generated by the polisher causes the hook & loop backing on the pad to come off and your pad goes flying. This will not happen with 5.5 inch Smart Pads™. These pads are created with an advanced bonding system that permanently secures the Velcro® brand hook & loop fasteners
to the pad. The Velcro® brand hook & loop material enables you to quickly change pads by simply pulling one pad off the backing plate and pressing another on.
Smart Pads™ 5.5 inch foam pads feature Lake Country’s CCS Technology. CCS stands for Closed Cell Structures, which are small pockets of closed cell foam strategically placed over the work surface of each pad. The CCS structures reduce product waste by not absorbing polishes or waxes as quickly into the foam. They hold excess product until it is needed on the pad’s work surface. CCS Smart Pads™ are less likely to dry out.
Our pads come in many varieties to address any surface problem:Yellow 5.5 inch Cutting Foam Pad
- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should not be used on new or like-new paint finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange pad and a fine polish and then a white pad to refine the paint until it is smooth.Orange 5.5 inch Light Cutting Foam Pad
- Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.White 5.5 inch Polishing Foam Pad
- High absorption foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.Green 5.5 inch Polishing/Finishing Foam Pad
- Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
Gray 5.5 inch Finishing Foam Pad
- Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.Blue 5.5 inch Finessing Foam Pad
– Flat pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user. Use the blue pad to remove products or for final buffing.Red 5.5 inch UltraSoft Wax/Sealant Foam Pad
– The soft, red foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
For optimum results, it’s best to own each type of pad. Compounding with a yellow or orange pad may leave the paint slightly hazy. You will need the white pad to refine the paint to its original shine and texture. The gray pad will then give you a uniform wax application.
To clean pads by hand use Snappy Clean Concentrated Pad Cleaner
. Mix one scoopful of this citrus cleaner with 3-4 gallons of water. Allow the pads to soak for up to 15 minutes. Agitate them using a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
. When the pads appear clean, rinse them in clean water and allow them to air dry.
Manufactured by Lake Country